Traveler's Guide to the Hudson River Valley
From Saratoga Springs to New York City
20th Anniversary Edition
by Tim Mulligan
A newly updated and revised edition of the classic and definitive guide to the best of the Hudson River Valley. The Best Guidebook to the Region The New York Times. “Eloquent, Amusing &: Sensible The Washington Post.
Over the last 20 years this has been the most trusted guide to exploring the Hudson River Valley’s myriad attractions from the festive spa city of Saratoga Springs all the way to the tip of Manhattan, noting every worthy point of interest along the way and providing everything the visitor --- and resident --- needs to know to enjoy this newly designated National Heritage Area that has been called America’s Rhine.
Visit presidential homes, as well as:
• great estates built by founding fathers and 19th-century tycoons
• a remarkable assortment of art museums with Old Master paintings and contemporary masterpieces
• the battlements of West Point and the site of the most important struggle of the Revolution
• the homes, studios and painting sites of artists who made the Hudson River Valley the landscape that defined America
• performing arts centers
• the oldest and most famous horse-racing track in the country
• hot-air ballooning, river tubing, and bird watching for bald eagles
• historic districts
• antiquarian bookstores, antiques and auctions
• gourmet restaurants and one-of-a-kind inns
• plus walking and driving tours of all the river cities and counties with their exquisite scenery, charming old villages,
vineyards and mountains, and the most spectacular view in the Northeast.
6 x 9, 272 pages, illustrations & maps, paper, $17.95, 1-883789-49-4
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 14 May, 2012.